Monday, February 6, 2012

Give him a stone

Give him a stone. by Rev ARSmith

Luke 11:10 to 11:13

Give him a stone. I grew up in rural Appalachia, some said that it would be noon before the sun would hit the ground. Raised by hard working parents, never tiring of working from dawn to dusk, to provide for their children. One year, my parents moved from the house, I was born in, in another house, so I and my brothers and sister, is closer to the school we attended. We had hard times there, not quite fitting in with the rest of the students were poor? Not really, my father got up before the sun was high, go to work and my mother would always have breakfast on the table before you get out bed.Our clothes were always clean and pressed. Being the youngest, I was the recipient of many hand-me down from my brothers. I did not mind, some of their clothes were pretty cool. Dad always bought us new clothes before starting school and asked that we take care of them. My older brother Richard, moved to the west, another brother, Ronnie, died, Willie and Carl, went to war, and my sister got married, I felt so alone in a house that was always full of love and protection. I was learning what life was really all. But all in all, I remembered that what ever we need as children, growing up, was always there, Love, Food, water, clothing and shelter. Life was Brown Beans and Cornbread. A simple life, but that was full of love, one for another.I been taught of Jesus, and how every need we would be filled by Him, and as a new family would take a part of my life, the Church. I was taught, "Ask and you shall receive", I thought this was great, I thought there would be no Christian would ever do without until we were all in the family church. Reads a bit 'of what I was taught. Luke 11:10-13; To those who asks receives, and he will be found looking for, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

If a child asks for bread to some of you that is a father, give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him? For me, this man Jesus was what I needed in life and because we were in his fathers all our needs were met. Later in life I moved away from family, trying to do things my way, you know a young man without worries, problems or fear. But one thing I always kept in the back of my mind the words of Jesus after a number of years, I thought that like the prodigal son, "I'm better off without my father or I have to go back and appologise for everything I have done? "Luke 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I am dying of hunger!
Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father and say to him, Father I have sinned against heaven and before thee, and that's how I felt without God So I went back and forgave. So I started to minister to all who listen. And the more I started watching Family Church, I discovered something very interesting. The family I had left was found. Things had changed, some for the better, but some for the worse. I discovered that being fed with a stone was common among church family, I thought it would be the first to help. I found it easier to get a piece of bread from non-believers from our families in Christ. I found these words came to mind whenever I asked for help for the poor churches and Christians;

If a child asks for bread to some of you that is a father, give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?

I discovered, to my disappointment that request, bread, fish or an egg, it was harder than I thought. I found many a church more interested in building up, instead of building. I found that there was a great famine in that land, that many of the Family of God had wasted their substance with riotous living. inhearentance shaped part of their buildings and sidewalks and fountains that served to anyone who feed no one gave anyone in the Family of God I discovered that there were those who benefited from the donation of some churches, I discovered that this world had obtained a suspension foot in the lives of many people. I discovered that there were giving out too many snakes, scorpions and rocks. I looked and found a mighty famine in the land of Bibles, thats right, I said Bibles. When many were built, many suffered for the word of God they were in a difficult time just get a Bible, a preacher, a teacher, an evangelist, and I discovered that this was prophecy in the Bible, which comes alive at vibrant colors. Amos 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from north even to the east, running to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and not find it. Why, I wondered, why are these brothers in the family so poor for the basics of Christianity? And then a Scripture came to mind from the Lord, Pro 21:06 The always treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of those who seek death. What does it mean, what could I say? As I watched the news and read the articles, I noticed that this man was saying, give me $ 1,000,000 if, God said take my life. Donation for me, we need a sidewalk for a fountain, well put your name in wood, giving me and I'll build a stone monument with your name on it that will last forever. Give me and I use the money to send ministers who are in trouble with the law of other countries to preach. "Donate, donate, donate. But no one was saying," Give me, so I can buy a bible for a brother without one, donate to me so I can send flyers and brochures Bible for those who do not know Jesus, give to me so I can send evangelist to preach the word of God. "

"Give a Stone, we need to build on, give him a snake, we need to spread out, give him a scorpion, no one will know the difference." Many were and are still preaching in Matthew 25:13, Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of Man comes. But deceiving people to donate to, sidewalks, fountains, palaces, libraries and monuments, only to have their name carved in history. These are the blind leading the blind, and there came a moment that both fall into the ditch. These are just some thoughts I wanted to share with you. Luke 15:32 And 'meeting was that we should make merry and be glad: for this thy brother was dead and is alive again, was lost and is found. All we can to stop and remember what Jesus had to say? To those who asks receives, and he has found the search, to him who knocks it will be open.

If a child asks for bread to some of you that is a father, give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him? Can we just stop and quit building and begin to accumulate. Do not be one of those who say "give him a stone?" Ars

No comments:

Post a Comment