Thursday, June 21, 2012

1954 compared to 2005 Chevrolet .. a parable

Jesus saves. He died on the cross for you and me. As he has done, we can have salvation. The shortest prayer in the Bible was from Peter. He was walking on the water, his eyes from Jesus, and begin to sink. Matthew 14 verse 30 "But when he saw the strong wind, was afraid and beginning to sink, cried, saying, Lord, save me. Verse 31" And immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and grabbed him and told him, O thou little faith, why hast thou doubt? "

My brother once had a 1954 six cylinder Chevrolet truck. This truck was just built. You open the hood, and easily gained access to the engine. You could work on it. Open the hood of a 2005 Chevrolet. The engines are so complicated these days, the training needed to work on them.

We often had the simple message of Jesus saves, so complicated that many people are looking off. I remember before the Lord saved me. It hurt me so I went to a local church for help. The pastor spoke with me, then handed me a sheaf of papers I had to read and complete before you can enter the Church. I do not need, I need Jesus .... and so complicated to go with him facing me off. However, a couple of months later, sitting at the kitchen table reading the Bible (Psalm 40) that my dear mother gave me late, my eyes to heaven and said, 'God, if you're real, save me. " Immediately, Jesus came into my heart and I knew it was a new creature.

What we present a model for others ... 1954, or 2005?

No comments:

Post a Comment