Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Son-in-law is lost on the River

Matthew 18, verse 11 "The Son of Man came to save what was lost."

On the night of Sunday, April 10, 2005, I received a call from my daughter, Eva. Was very disturbed. Her husband, Jack, was missing and she had no idea where he was. She is a nurse and had worked at the nursing home that day. She had returned home, and Jack was not well thought it was over at Walmart, or somewhere else. Then he saw that their canoe was missing. A couple of days before, I had to move their house to see them. No one was home, so I wandered around the yard, watching all the beautiful flowers and great scenery Jack had done. My attention was drawn to the canoe which was sitting on top of the side of the carport.

When Eva called me, I began to pray for Jack, that the Lord would keep him and protect him. A few minutes after 22:00, Jack's mother, Debbie, called me and told me that Jack had found the vehicle along the river, but there was no sight of Jack. We received a lot of rain, the river was full, and the current was swift. After I heard this, I prayed again, and the Lord assured me that Jack would be okay.

We went to the river, where the vehicle was found by Jack. Many people were gathered there, including representatives of the Sheriff's Department and the Georgia Game and Fish Commission. They already had a boat, and were preparing to go to my research lost his son-in-law and his two friends. Eva was really in pieces, thinking the worst. Shortly before the boat was to be launched, the sheriff received a call on his radio. Someone reported hearing someone screaming at the next bridge down. We loaded, and drove down there (about 10 miles). It was dark, and cried out for Jack. No answer. It was now after midnight, so Eve was exhausted and said: "I just want to go home." Eva, her brother, Joel, my girl, Nancy, and I started to leave and were arrested. Debbie said: "Jack just called, I'm sure!"

Jack and his two friends were going on a spur of the moment two hour canoe. The current was too fast, the canoe capsized, the woods were dark and flooded. Wandered in the darkness, and then saw a light. It 'been a fisherman's hut. They went inside, found some matches, rags and alcohol and torches. They begin to walk along the flooded road, and finally left the swamp on a highway. They were sure!

I really learned some important lessons from the episode of Jack. Several weeks before that, Jack and Eve had started an exercise program, including swimming. This ordeal was coming, and the strength of Jack has been tested. Many, many were worried about Jack and his friends. They prayed, and went looking for them because they were lost. As we all were happy when he was found safe!

We must be concerned about those who are spiritually lost. We should pray that they would find their way out of darkness, and come to light.

Matthew 18, verse 12: "How do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them be gone astray, his face does not leave the ninety-nine, and goes into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? "

Irvin L. Rozier

No comments:

Post a Comment