Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A warning welcomed

This story is one of 50 of my book, my walk with the Lord, http://www.selahbooks.com/.

2 Kings 20.1 "In those days was Hezekiah sick to death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz came to him and said:" Thus says the Lord, your house in order, for you die, and not by alive. "

This is a short version ... One Tuesday morning, I went to a meeting of 11 hours of prayer in a local church. The names on the list have been called off, some were sick, some were in need of salvation. I recognized the name of the husband of one of the women attending the prayer meeting. It was a good man, attending church, but had never been born again. As his name was called out, the Lord spoke to me and said: "I want to go see this man after this meeting is over." The command was urgent, so as soon as the meeting was over, I drove the three miles to see him.

I knocked on his door, came to the door, opened it and asked me: "What are you doing here?" I replied, "I came to pray for you." He tried to change the subject. Suddenly, the anointing of the Lord came upon me and looked me straight in the eye and said, "Get your affairs in order, you are going to die." He looked at me shocked and said, "Now, let me pray for you." He sat in his chair, and I put my hands on him and began to pray and asked God to reveal his love for this man.

Immediately, it was Jesus, His presence filled the place. Man is born again. I saw the tears flow and felt blessed assurance. He told his family what had happened and witnessed his spiritual rebirth.

Saturday night, four days after it is born again, went home to be with the Lord.

Lord, I pray that whoever reads these words would recognize the brevity of our life here on earth. They understand the importance of eternal rebirth.

John 3.3 Jesus answered and said: "Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, can not see the kingdom of God."

Irvin to iwcroga@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment